Thursday, October 18, 2012

Due Friday. 10/19:
  • "Raven" Copy Change (two stanzas minimum)
  • There may be more blanks in stanza one than I had on the smart board.
  • Do this in JE #17 left. 
  • This link below might help you with the meter. 
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trochaic_octameter



1. Keep the rhyme scheme (abcbbb).
2. Optional: Use internal rhyme in lines 1 & 3, as Poe does.
3. Maintain the meter of the original as much as possible:

  • Lines 1-2-3 = 16 syllables (trochaic octameter)
  • Lines 4-5 = 15 syllables
  • Line 6 = 7 syllables
  • The very  last word  of stanza 1 should be the same as the very last word in stanza 2.
  • Make sure to keep the punctuation consistent.




Once upon a _________ ________, while I pondered _______ and _______,
Over many a _________ and________ volume of _______ _______,
While I ________, _______ _________, suddenly there came a _________,
As of someone  _____ ______, __________ at my ___________ _________r.
`'Tis ________   ________,' I ____________, `____________ at my _______ _______ -
Only ________, and__________  _________.'


Ah, _________ I __________ it was in the_______  ________,
And each _______   _______ _______ wrought its _______ upon the ______.
Eagerly I ______ the ________; - vainly I had ________ ___ _______
From my ________ surcease of ______ - ________ for the ____ _______ -
For the ______ and _______  ________ whom the ______  _____ _______ -
________  ______ _______ ________ .

No comments:

Post a Comment